Sunshine and Music? I'm definitely Keane on that...

So I can't help but get excited for summer and all its musical scrumptiousness with every glimmer of sunshine that beams down on Manchester (and that's not often). Summer and live music go together like Ant and Dec. Sunshine makes people happy and so do good tunes. After all the political doom and gloom, one thing that certainly won't change is this - the UK has some of the best live music events, venues, festivals and artists so go cheer yourself up and go to a gig!

One of the best outdoor events I went to was many moons back in the summer of 2004 and my first 'proper' (and, therefore, memorable) outdoor gig. Manchester's Move Festival was playing host to Keane - one of my favourite bands of the time. Not only did I manage to get to the very front, I also somehow randomly managed to get on the BBC's 'Festival Highlights 2004' or something to that effect.

Although I certainly didn't progress to career in TV, I did progress to bigger and better festivals and developed a serious love of music in the sunshine and of course, Keane. Six years later and the guys are still going strong, playing a host of sold out gigs in various forests across the country as well as less leafy venues in London and Birmingham. Sadly, my TV appearances have been limited to that one occasion during the past six years...

If you've not already booked a festival for this summer, at least try an get along to an outdoor event. Green Day and The Prodigy will both headline outdoor shows this summer so why not take your mates, grab some beers and head along to one of these.

Sunshine and Music; nothing can be better. To quote a very good friend "my life revolves around festivals". And he's always happy....

Labels: , ,