Grand Archives have announced four tour dates for August 2010 to promote their latest album Keep in Mind Frankenstein. The guys are coming to London Hoxton Bar and Grill (2nd) and Manchester Deaf Institute (3rd) and we asked Curtis the band's drummer some questions about their music and what we can expect from these highly anticipated shows…
- What are you up to at this moment? Listening to records and answering this questionnaire.
- You’re touring in August, what can the audience expect? Expect to hear a good amount of new material plus a handful of stuff from our old records.
- What is your favourite song to perform live?
Well, I can't speak for the other guys, but I think it's safe to say we've all been getting into these new songs quite a bit. We’re excited to start playing them live. As for our old songs I think it changes all the time, but lately it seems we’ve been having fun with some of the songs where we turn up the amps a little, as the new stuff we’ve been writing has been leaning in that direction.
- Who has released a stand out album this year?
I dunno, it usually takes me a while to get around to checking out new records. I’ll probably be able to answer this question sometime in 2012.
- Which song do you wish you had written?
Every time you hear “Happy Birthday" someone gets a check in the mail, and as often as you hear it I can't imagine it would be too bad if it was your mailbox the checks were being sent to.
- You’ve just completed your USA tour. Any surprises in the pipeline for your UK performances?
Well, we actually haven’t left for the USA tour yet, so I guess it’ll all be a surprise.
- Plans for the rest of the year?
After these summer shows we’re going into the studio to demo these new songs and hopefully get started on album three by year’s end.
Don’t miss seeing Grand Archives live:
Monday 2nd London Hoxton Bar and Kitchen 0844 811 0051
Tuesday 3rd Manchester Deaf Institute 0161 832 1111
Wednesday 4th Glasgow King Tut’s 0844 499 9990
Thursday 5th Middlesborough Westgarth SC 0871 2200 260
Tickets £8 London and £7 Manchester
Grand Archives – ‘The Story so Far’ (free EP" get it now
Grand Archives are:
Labels: Deaf Institute, Grand Archives, Happy Birthday, Hoxton Bar and Grill, UK Tour