Diana Vickers speaks to Gigs And Tours.

Last week we got the chance to chat to number one pop starlet Diana Vickers about her third headline UK tour and new single ‘My Wicked Heart’. Plus we got to find out what she has been up to recently and it seems she has been writing lots of new songs:

*Hi Diana what are you up to at this moment?
At the moment I'm in the studio writing a lot, rehearsing for my tour in November, doing lots of university fresher shows and promoting my brand new single ‘my wicked heart’!



*So what can the audience expect?
I love performing live it’s the best part for me. I have one big party n stage, my live band behind me, playing my trumpet, performing all my songs from the album including my new single! It’s gonna be great, we’re trying to mix this tour up a bit in comparison to the last.

*What is your favourite song to perform live?
Either - you'll never get to heaven - it puts me in a party mood and I LOVE the keyboard part or (number one single) ‘Once’ - love seeing everyone jumping up and down it gives me that buzz.

*Who has released a stand out album this year?
Tourist History - Two Door Cinema Club

*Which song do you wish you had written? Mr. Brightside - the killers or she's always a women to me - Billy Joel

*Any surprises in the pipeline for your UK performances?
oooh possibly were still rehearsing for the tour!

*Plans for the rest of the year?
Promoting my 3rd single, writing my second album and doing a few other exciting bits and bobs I guess!

*If you were to send someone to prison for crimes against music, who would it be?
Katie prices attempt?

*Whats your favourite animal and why?
Elephants or monkeys. Elephants for how beautiful they are and monkeys because they are so intelligent.

*If you were a superhero, what would be your super power?
To control peoples minds e.g. .. Make people give me all there chocolate and clothes and on tubes stand up and let me sit down :D

*What were you doing last night at 11?
I was at The Hoxton bar and Grill drinking with friends.

If you haven’t seen this lady live then don’t miss out….you can catch her when she starts her tour at Manchester Academy 2 on Monday 8th November….

Labels: , , , ,