Doug Williams speaks to Gigs and Tours about the return of TNA WRESTLING “MAXIMUM IMPACT!” UK TOUR starting next week

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) last week announced the full line-up for its “Maximum iMPACT! 2011” UK Tour, including new additions Matt Hardy and Kurt Angle. Gigsandtours towers got the chance to speak to TNA's Doug Williams about the tour:


So Doug back in the UK this month for the Maximum Impact Tour, what can the audience expect?
More great action that they've come to expect from the past UK tours that TNA have run, add to that the appearances of a raft of new stars and there's really no excuse not to attend.

Who are you looking forward to most competing against?
Definitely Ric Flair at Wembley Arena. He is a living legend and this would be a dream match for any Wrestler from anywhere in the world.

Any surprises in the pipeline?
I told you it wouldn't be a surprise!

Who has had the best Match of 2010 for TNA?
I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but yours truly against AJ Styles at Final Resolution was pretty damn special! Other than that, you can't fault any of the MMG vs Beer Money matches.

Who is your favourite Wrestler?
I don't do favourites. Only those I can learn from and appreciate.

Who should we watch out for this year?
Look for Magnus to have a breakout year. He had a somewhat frustrating year in 2010 and I can only believe he is ready to step up and make his mark in 2011.

What’s your favourite move?
It's got to be the Chaos Theory Suplex. Rarely ever lets me down.

What is your favourite song this year?
Ah, so many to choose from! I'd probably go with Frisky by Tinie Tempah.

Who released a stand out album in 2010?
In all honesty I rarely listen to albums anymore. I'm forever just downloading individual songs.

Plans for the rest of 2011?
Definitely shoot for some more gold in TNA. Obviously the World Title would be the ultimate goal, but if not that maybe another TV Title reign, or maybe I'll get myself a partner and try for the Tag belts again!

Last week the matches were also announced announced. Full details of the UK events are:

Thursday 27th January Glasgow Braehead Arena 0844 499 9990
Friday 28th January Manchester Evening News Arena 0844 847 8000
Saturday 29th January London Wembley Arena 0844 815 0815

This tour is set to be the best yet so don't miss out!!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,