GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2011


YES, The biggest and the best festival that the UK has to offer is back, and its bigger and better than ever!!

Glastonbury is once again upon us and this one is set to blow all past line-ups out the water with the most eclectic bunch of performers yet. It is an impressive line-up which features the most desirable old and new acts from pretty much every genre. Instead of it only being about the headliners (which by the way, include Beyonce, Morrissey, Coldplay & QOTSA  to name a few) it is very much about the festival as a whole. It's pulling power is that it caters for everyone, and with hundreds of acts on thirty or so stages spread out over 3 days, your every desire will be guaranteed.

I simply cannot wait, I will be counting down the days until the 22nd June is upon us and I can live out my fantasies whilst watching some of my favourite acts. So to satisfy my extensive music taste and ensure that I don't miss out on some of my favourite acts, I will be running around like a mad person all weekend as I attempt to get from one side of the world's largest festival to the other ... pheewww I best pack my running shoes then. 


The artists  I would highly recommend and am particularly looking forward to seeing are: Biffy Clyro, Elbow, Primal Scream, Paulo Nutini, Beyonce, Wu Tang Clan, The Kills, DJ Shadow, The Noisettes, Two Door Cinema Club, Fleet Foxes, TV On The Radio, The Vaccines, Friendly Fires, London Afrobeat Collective, Cee Lo Green, Chase & Status, Jessie J, Little Dragon, Aloe Blacc, Janelle Monae, Kool & the Gang, Jamie Woon, Caribou, James Blake, The Walkmen, Lykke Li, Yasmin, Jamie XX, Crystal Fighters, Hercules and Love Affair, Esben and the Witch, Metronomy, Soul Clap, Floating Points, Neneh Cherry, Bonobo, Mount Kimbie and
so on...


Ok you can tell I like A LOT of the line-up and I could definitely continue as I run through my favourites on the more obscure stages like 'Pussy Parlure', 'Wow!', 'Clubhenge', 'The Hub', 'Club Dada' and 'Common'... but to I will not divulge every single act as I don't want to bore you all... so check out the full line-up on the Glastonbury Website and ponder how exactly you plan to see all of your favourites as you attempt to make your way through the 200,000 strong crowd.

 
And if you want a break from the music (yeah right) then all your other needs are taken care of in the form comedy, cinema, theatre, poetry, literature, circus, cabaret, tattoo area, kiddies areaunderground rabbit holes, silent disco, cider bus, food hall and so on and on and on... This is a festival beyond the wildest of dreams, its everything that I could ever want all in one place - it is probably the closest thing to heaven! We'd love to know who your highlights of the festival are.

                                                    The countdown begins!!

But for those of you missing out, don't worry because some of your favourite artists will be touring this year and there are still many tickets available!

Labels: , , , , , ,