An Interview with... Tyler Hilton



The American singer-songwriter takes some time out of his busy schedule to talk to us ahead of his upcoming UK Tour... 


What are you up to at this very moment?
Driving to a show in Pontiac Michigan, my friends typing while I drive, because safety first!



What can fans expect to experience at one of your shows?
Probably me talking too much, lots of stories, and I would like to think a general good time. I also like to hang around after the show and meet as many people as I can. 

What is your favourite song to perform live?
Loaded Gun, I’ve always wanted to write a song like that, I used to cover a lot of blues songs and rock n roll songs because I love the feeling of playing them on stage.

When you’re not performing what do you do to keep yourself busy when you’re on tour / on the road?
Well there’s usually a lot of other work to do like emails and boring life stuff like paying bills and keeping up with things at home, but other than that I read and watch a lot of TV shows and movies. I’m watching the new season of Sons of Anarchy right now.



What’s the best gig you’ve ever played?
It’s a tie between the last time I played Toronto, Canada and when I played the Hammersmith in London with Boyce Avenue. Both were just such shocking turnouts, I was just trying to keep up with my own surprise the whole show. 

What was the first gig you ever went to?
I saw the Beach Boys play when I was like 7 years old. I remember I was too far back to have it really matter that I was watching anything, but it was really cool to hear different versions of songs I had heard on records so many times.

Will you be playing any new material or a mixture of your back catalogue?
It changes every night. There’s always a mixture, but the mixture always changes. I like to keep it fresh and now that I’ve put out around 5 or so records/EP’s, I’ve got more to choose from than when I first started.

Which other artists are you listening to at the moment?
Bob Dylan’s new record, Drake’s new record, and a lot of country like Miranda Lambert and Keith Urban

Which song do you wish you had written?
Happy Birthday and the National Anthem. I think that would be a great opening line when you meet someone at a bar. “Oh Me? I only wrote the 2 of the most important songs in America, What do you do?”



Who would you most like to collaborate with?
I will be available anytime anywhere if either John Mayer, Kings of Leon, or Bob Dylan want me to hang with them.

Plans for the rest of the year?
I will be touring Europe for my first headlining tour, and then I will be back in the States for a few more dates before I will be done for the year.  Then, I’m going to pull out my PJ shorts and catch up on my DVR.  


Tickets on sale now from GigsAndTours