Interview with... Tyler James



We sat down with star of The Voice ‘Tyler James’ ahead of his tour which kicks off later this month…

What are you up to at this very moment?
I'M DRINKING A NICE HOT LATTE - IT'S A FREEZING DAY IN LONDON AND I'M JUST GETTING READY FOR A PRESS INTERVIEW AND PHOTO SHOOT.


What can fans expect to experience at one of your shows?
I LOVE SHARING THE EXPERIENCE OF PLAYING LIVE - I'M HOPING THE AUDIENCE WILL ENJOY THE SHOW


What is your favourite song to perform live?
I LOVE ONE OF MY NEW TRACKS CALLED 'I DON'T GIVE A DAMN'. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING IT WITH EVERYONE.


When you’re not performing what do you do to keep yourself busy when you’re on tour / on the road?
I LIKE STRUTTING AROUND LONDON, CATCHING UP WITH FRIENDS OVER COFFEE AND LISTENING TO MUSIC.


You’ve played a lot of great festivals year, which was the best so far?
RADIO 1 HACKNEY WEEKENDER WAS THE BEST SO FAR. I PERFORMED WITH WILL.I.AM AND HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME. IT WAS ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AFTER THE VOICE FINISHED SO IT WAS ACTUALLY MY FIRST LIVE PERFORMANCE AT A SUMMER FESTIVAL THIS YEAR. LOVED IT! MALTA ISLE OF MTV FESTIVAL WAS A VERY CLOSE SECOND!

What’s the best gig you’ve ever played?
OXYGEN FESTIVAL IN DUBLIN. IT WAS TO 120,000 PEOPLE - WAS SUCH AN AMAZING FEELING SINGING IN FRONT OF THE CROWD.


What was the first gig you ever went to?
NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK.

Will you be playing any new material or a mixture of your back catalogue?
NEW MATERIAL - AND PERHAPS A FEW SUPRISES IN THERE!

Which other artists are you listening to at the moment?
ADELE AND FRANK OCEAN - BOTH AMAZING!


Who would you most like to collaborate with?
GOES WITHOUT SAYING - ADELE. I JUST LOVE HER VOICE. 


Plans for the rest of the year?
NOT LONG TO GO SO WILL BE BUSY GIGGING AND PROMOTING MY ALBUM, THEN HOPEFULLY A HOLIDAY TO THE CARIBBEAN WITH MY FAMILY AT CHRISTMAS!


Tickets on sale now from GigsAndTours