Q&A || James Arthur


Ahead of his May 2015 UK tour, we caught up with James Arthur for a quick fire Q&A session!

You’re going on tour soon what can the audience expect? 
A high energy performance of a collection of my life's work.

Will you be playing any new material or a mixture of your back catalogue?
I'll be playing a mixture of both.

What is your favourite song to perform live?
Definitely supposed or suicide



When you’re not performing what do you do to keep yourself busy when you’re on tour / on the road?
Writing keeps my mind active during the rigorous your schedule. I also like to play some FIFA with the best and crew when I'm relaxing

Where has been your favourite gig?
I enjoy every show I play, however there was a very special feeling in the air at the Hammersmith Apollo, it's just such a historic venue for me

Which song do you wish you had written?
New Radicals- I Don't Wanna Die Anymore

What’s the best gig you’ve ever played?
V festival as I felt like we turned around the opinions of a lot of uk fans, also capital ball as the chance to play in such a vast venue was an honour

Which other artists are you listening to at the moment?
Lots actually I'm on a real 90's/bands vibe right now, New Radicals, Brand New, The Dykeenies, Taking Back Sunday, Catfish and the Bottle Men, Karima Francis, Lianne Lahavas, and of course Sia, Drake and Kanye are staples for me.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Sia definitely, I'm a huge fan of her new album

Plans for the rest of the year?
Release my second studio album, do some more touring and shows, travel as much as I can to reach more people and spread more love



Catch James Arthur at a venue near you this May - BUY TICKETS HERE